While talking to a good friend and fellow parent about Jinji reaching milestones, she state that it is easy for parents to remember their child's firsts, but we don't always note the lasts. That statement resonated with Bill and I.
I am posting one of Jinji's lasts. In preparation for her transition to kindergarten, Friday was the last day that Jinji will be required to nap; the last day she will curl up under the quilt my friend Pat made for her and rest for the second half of the day.
Jinji is so eager to be a big girl in kindergarten. She told her Daddy, "I have been waiting to be in kindergarten so many years; all my life!". She desperately wants all the trappings of kindergarten-back packs and missing teeth.
I admire her drive and determination while I struggle to let go of another symbol of her babyhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment