In September when Jinji started First Grade she saw all the kids being dropped off at the driveway in front of her school. She asked "Daddy will you walk me to my class?" I said "I will walk you to your class for as long as you want!"
Our mornings have been me parking the car in the parking lot at the front of the school and hand in hand we walked to her classroom. It is one of the best parts of my day. Her hand in mine and we chit chat on the way to her class.
Last Thursday as we got out of the car she said "Daddy, How long are you going to walk me to my class?" I replied "Like I said before, I will walk you to your class as long as you want me to." She said "Can I go by myself?" With a lump in my throat I said "Of course you can, you are a big Girl."
With a huge smile and a spring in her step off she went. I grabbed my phone and got this picture.
When we were getting prepared to bring Jinji home Mary read somewhere "As parents everything we do from the moment a child enters your life is to prepare that child to live and thrive separate from you." I just didn't realize that I was going to let go of that little hand so soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment