
We decided to name our daughter Jinji Hiroko Davee more than 10 years ago and before our first pregnancy. While we were dating, Bill introduced me to the songs of Carlos Antonio Jobim. I knew "The Girl from Ipanema", but there were many more.
I quickly fell in love with "Dindi" (pronounced jinji in Portuguese). Although "Dindi" has been recorded by many well known artist, the first that I heard was a cut from the CD "Twist of Jobim".
Of course, I knew we would be setting her up to be teased if we used the spelling "Dindi". Can you imagine roll call on the first day of kindergarten?
As many of you know, "Hiroko" is Bill's mother's name. If you were lucky enough to know her, you know she was incredible. She carried Jinji in heart as soon as she found out that we were adopting and we know she has been watching over Jinji (with Pop-pop) while she waits for us to arrive.
If you get the chance, look up the album "Twist of Jobim" and listen to Dindi or any other version of the song. It is beautiful.
5 comments:
awww soo cute :)
we love it and cant wait to meet the little angel
Love,
auntie v
and cousin tissey
"Jinji" is a really cute name, for a really cute girl! :)
Hi! I'm Val. I just adopted twin daughters, 1o months old at the time, from Taiwan. Their names are Harper and Taelor.
I love the letters you got for Jinji's wall. May I ask where you found them? I'd love to get thse for H & T.
Congrats on your adorable little one! May you travel SOON!
hugs-
Val
Bill and Mary,
Words cannot express how happy I am for the both of you!! I absolutely LOVE the name you have chosen and I would dearly love to meet little Jinji. Hiroko and Frank will be traveling with you as you pick her up and my thoughts will be with all of you. I am so pleased you cannot imagine. Thank you for sharing you most precious gift with me. Love, Pam Paterson
God Speed Bill and Mary. We are thrilled for you!! A blessed and safe trip there and back for all of you. Please continue to keep us posted, you will continue to be in our prayers.
Jimmy and Dylcia
Aloha Mary & Bill,
Mahalo for sharing your wonderful news! I can see your Mom and Dad walking with you, smiling and happy that you are finally bringing Jinji home. Give her a hug from her auntie in Hawaii. God bless your new little family and watch over you on your journey.
Hope it isn't too long before I meet her!!
Lots of love,
Alexis
PS Wallace sends his love too
Post a Comment